Work Hours: Varies
VNAcare, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Hospice Chaplain!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries and mileage reimbursement for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Chaplain position is open in our Ontario location and surrounding areas. This is a Per Diem position during our day shift from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Requirements of the Hospice Chaplain:
- Graduate of an accredited seminary or school of theology preferred.
- Knowledge of emotional effects of death, grief and loss.
- Experience in working with families facing serious illness.
Hospice Chaplain Duties Include:
- Assess the spiritual needs and resources of patients, families and caregivers, and assist them in using their faith to cope with illness, trauma, and the dying experience.
- Assists with development/update in patient’s plan of care within two days of admission or condition change.
- Provides direct spiritual counseling and support to patients and families.
- Participates in weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings and is attentive to spiritual care issues of patients, families and caregivers as cases are reviewed.
- Contacts clergy of a particular faith on the patient/families behalf.
- Acts as liaison between Hospice and patient's own pastor.
- Maintains records of his/her visits and community clergy contacts.
- Conducts funeral and memorial services if requested by the hospice patient's family.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability