Work Hours: Mon-Fri
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team!
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Contracts Specialist!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement, and a generous benefits package.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Contracts Specialist position is open in our Ontario location. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Requirements of the Contracts Specialist:
- Prefer BA in Business or related field.
- Requires minimum of 2-4 years of experience in managing and negotiating contracts in the healthcare industry experience required with post-acute care (home health or hospice) preferred.
- Overall knowledge of business principles.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires demonstrated interpersonal skills and effective team approach to problem solving.
Contracts Specialist Duties Include:
- Manages, coordinates, and maintains all contracts related to patient services in home health, hospice, vendors, liaisons, and other professional services and facilities including health plans, medical groups, hospitals, SNF, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and renewal of all contracts, licenses, certifications, etc.
- Ability to positively negotiate contracts at a reimbursement rate established by the agency.
- Negotiates language changes as appropriate. Ensures agreements are reviewed by CFO, Compliance Officer or legal for any language changes.
- Monitors changes in reimbursement to ensure all agreements meet requirements and are updated accordingly.
- Works collaboratively with Business Development to identify new opportunities for contracting to increase market share. Promote utilization of new contracts, both internally and externally.
- Participates in contract development by attending external meetings with business development and contract professionals.
- Maintains communication with the Director of Business Development by providing a monthly status report on all contract negotiations.
- Develops and maintains a current “contract Matrix” information program, reflecting each contract, and distributes and updates all appropriate staff for each location.
- Ensures follow-through on required credentialing by health plans.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the COO regarding regulatory updates and incorporates into the contracts as required.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability