Director of Hospice Admissions
VNA of Southern California - Claremont
- California Registered Nurse License required
- 1 year of experience required
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join one of the following teams:
* Home Health Care
* Palliative Care
* Hospice Care
* Private Duty Care
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Director of Hospice Admissions!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and generous benefits package for this position.
* Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life / AD&D
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Plan with employer match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
* Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Director of Hospice Admissions position is Full-time.
Requirements of the Director of Hospice Admissions:
* A minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in hospice, with admissions experience preferred.
* Demonstrated exemplary customer service skills
* Ability to apply knowledge of hospice services and various reimbursement criteria to ensure payment of claims.
* Current CA RN license.
* Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
Director of Hospice Admissions Duties Include:
* Maintains ongoing public relations and communication with customers including physicians, hospital and facility staff, and referral sources regarding patient care and all available agency services.
* Works cooperatively with the acute hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and medical groups in the community to plan and coordinate Hospice services for referred patients.
* Demonstrates exemplary customer service.
* Provides ongoing supervision to Hospice Admission department to ensure quality service/care. Provides for, motivates and encourages staff development and growth.
* Collaborates with other VNA departments and outside agencies to ensure timely initiation of care/hospice admission.
* Reviews clinical documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with eligibility requirements, coordination of quality care and documentation standards.
* Oversees the staff involved in the referral/admissions process.
* Participates in QAPI Program and agency goals and objectives.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability