Home Health LVN Team Assistant
VNA of Southern California - Claremont
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- 1 year of experience required
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join one of the following teams:
* Home Health Care
* Palliative Care
* Hospice Care
* Private Duty Care
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Home Health LVN Team Assistant!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
* Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life / AD&D
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Plan with employer match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
* Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Home Health LVN Team Assistant position is open in our Upland location and surrounding areas. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Requirements of the Home Health LVN Team Assistant:
* Current LVN license in State of CA
* Minimum one year of acute-care experience
* Experience in home health preferred; McKesson experience preferred
Home Health LVN Team Assistant Duties Include:
* Interfaces with referral sources/intake department and assures that all requests for services are responded to in a timely and professional manner and that all referral sources are provided with options or creative solutions for patients who present with unique or atypical needs
* Promptly and efficiently answers incoming phone calls related to customer services and ensures consistent follow-up
* Works cooperatively with medical groups in the community to process services required, after referral received for patients. Makes arrangements for supplies, equipment, or other patient needs
* Participates in maintaining positive working relationships with referring physicians, managed care organizations, private insurance companies, and hospitals
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability