Work Hours: M-F
Arbor Hospice, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in Murrieta and surrounding communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Assistant!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Assistant position is open in our Murrieta location. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Requirements of the Hospice Assistant:
- Minimum of one year experience in basic clerical/administrative functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Good organizational skills.
Hospice Assistant Duties Include:
- Manages supply room keys and assigns as required.
- Assist with answering door.
- Answer telephone
- Provide information and answer questions to the general public, patients, family members.
- Refer calls to the appropriate individual if unable to assist caller.
- Perform various clerical functions as requested by managers and Hospice Director.
- Type Letters
- Fax and make copies
- Email shift reports.
- Record and provide daily admission reports.
- Attach medication diagnosis to EMR.
- Monitor and coordinate MD/NP F@F appointments.
- Assist with obtaining ongoing authorization for and facility room and board.
- Submit all discharge HIS.
- Notify/fax to Medicare patient admit/transfer/discharge/expire/revocate.
- Assist with overlapping clinician visit corrections.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability