Community Hospice Victor Valley
Apple Valley, CA
Community Hospice of Victor Valley, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Chaplain!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries and mileage reimbursement.
The Hospice Chaplain position is open in our Apple Valley location and surrounding areas. This is a Per Diem position.
Requirements of the Hospice Chaplain:
* Graduate of an accredited seminary or school of theology preferred
* Knowledge of emotional effects of death, grief and loss
* Experience in working with families facing serious illness
Hospice Chaplain Duties Include:
* Assess the spiritual needs and resources of patients, families and caregivers, and assist them in using their faith to cope with illness, trauma, and the dying experience.
* Assists with development/update in patient's plan of care within two days of admission or condition change.
* Provides direct spiritual counseling and support to patients and families.
* Participates in weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings and is attentive to spiritual care issues of patients, families and caregivers as cases are reviewed.
* Contacts clergy of a particular faith on the patient/families behalf.
* Acts as liaison between Hospice and patient's own pastor.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at email@example.com.