Hospice LVN Team Assistant
Community Hospice Victor Valley
Apple Valley, CA
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- 1 year of experience required
Community Hospice of Victor Valley, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice LVN Team Assistant!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
* Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life / AD&D
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Plan with employer match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
* Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice LVN Team Assistant position is open in our Apple Valley location and surrounding areas. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Requirements of the Hospice LVN Team Assistant:
* Current LVN license in State of CA
* Minimum one year of acute-care experience
* Experience in hospice preferred; McKesson experience preferred
Hospice LVN Team Assistant Duties Include:
* Works cooperatively with acute hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and medical groups in the community to plan and coordinate hospice services required
* Makes arrangements for supplies, equipment, or other patient needs
* Participates in maintaining positive working relationships with contracted nursing facilities, hospitals, referring physicians, managed care organizations and private insurance companies
* Conveys customer service approach to all clients. Relays any specific questions to the appropriate person
* Assists the Hospice Manager with assignment of each patient to a nurse for program explanation and/or admission to the hospice program within agency time frames
* Assesses staffing patterns to determine scheduling of patients on a daily basis. Schedules patients in a manner to receive continuity of care and staff receive fair assignments
* Communicates with the Hospice Manager all referrals received, assignment to nurse and time frame of admission
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability