Work Hours: M-F
Arbor Hospice, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the Murrieta and surrounding communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Social Worker!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program.
The Hospice Social Worker position is open in our Murrieta location and surrounding areas. This is a Per-Diem position during our day shift.
Requirements of the Hospice Social Worker:
- Graduate of a Master or Baccalaureate of Social Work Program from an accredited school of social work - Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of direct patient care experience in community or home health agency setting.
Hospice Social Worker:
- Assists with development updates in patient’s plan of care on admission or when condition changes.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of Hospice services. Refers to community resources to help with immediate needs. Provides information about services which can assist patient and family. Assists with mortuary plans as needed.
- Provides assessment of social/emotional factors related to each patient's illness, acceptance of prognosis and potential to cope with the dying process.
- Counsels patients and families on measures to meet the identified needs from the assessment.
- Facilitates communication within the family to help patient and family cope with illness and impeding death.
- Implements current medical social work practice.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability