HOSPICE RN TEAM COORDINATOR
Apple Valley, CA
Work Hours: Monday through Friday rotating weekend
VNAcare, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice RN Team Coordinator!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement, generous benefits package and a sign-on bonus up to $5,000 for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice RN Team Coordinator position is open in our Apple Valley location and surrounding areas. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Requirements of the Hospice RN Team Coordinator:
- RN degree from an accredited school. Valid California RN license.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience required. Hospice and/or oncology
- experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Requires above average computer and data entry skills.
Hospice RN Team Coordinator Duties Include:
- Answers incoming phone calls related to customer service and ensures consistent follow up utilizing excellent customer skills.
- Conveys customer service approach to all. Relays any specific questions to the appropriate person.
- Assists the Hospice Director/Manager with assignment of each patient to a nurse for a program explanation and/or admission to the hospice program within agency time frames.
- Assesses staffing patterns to determine scheduling of patients on a daily basis. Schedules patients in a manner to ensure continuity of care and staff receive fair assignments.
- Communicates with the Hospice Director/Manager regarding all referrals received, assignment to nurse and time frame of admission.
- Responsible for making clinical visits to current patients when staffing requires.
- Assists the Case Manager in the management of their caseload by responding to patient and/or family needs, ensuring continuity of care.
- Notifies the Interdisciplinary team of any changes to the plan of care or changes in patient condition.
- Adheres to RN scope of practice and standards of care.
- Participates in Administrator On-Call rotation.
- Assists Hospice Director/Manager in the maintenance of updated logs, worksheets, agency files and calendar on a timely basis.
- Performs Program Explanations and other duties when assigned by the Hospice Director/ Manager.
- Works cooperatively with acute hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and medical groups in the community to plan and coordinate hospice services required. Coordinates plan for supplies, equipment, or other patient needs.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all staff, facilities, hospitals, referring physicians, managed care organizations and private insurance companies.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability