Hospice Social Worker
Community Hospice Victor Valley
Apple Valley, CA
Mon-Fri with rotating on call weekend and after hours
- 1 year of experience required
Community Hospice of Victor Valley, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Social Worker / SW!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
* Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life / AD&D
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Plan with employer match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
* Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Social Worker / SW position is open in our Apple Valley location. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Requirements of the Hospice Social Worker / SW:
* Graduate of a Master of Social Work program
* Minimum one year of direct patient care experience in community or home care agency setting
* Experience in hospice preferred; McKesson experience preferred
Hospice Social Worker / SW Duties Include:
* Assist with development updates in patient's plan of care on admission or when condition changes
* Ensure quality and safe delivery of Hospice services
* Refers to community resources to help immediate needs
* Provides information about services which can assist patient and family
* Assists with mortuary plans as needed
* Provide assessment of social/emotional factor related to each patient's illness, acceptance of prognosis and potential to cope with the dying process
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability