HOSPICE SOCIAL WORKER
Apple Valley, CA
Work Hours: 3 days a week with w/e rotation
Community Hospice of Victor Valley, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Social Worker!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Social Worker position is open in our Apple Valley location. This is a Part-time (24 hours/week) position during our day shift from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Requirements of the Hospice Social Worker:
- Graduate of a Master of Social Work program
- Minimum one year of direct patient care experience in community or home care agency setting
- Experience in hospice preferred; EMR experience preferred
Hospice Social Worker Duties Include:
- Assist with development updates in patient’s plan of care on admission or when condition changes
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of Hospice services
- Refers to community resources to help immediate needs
- Provides information about services which can assist patient and family
- Assists with mortuary plans as needed
- Provide assessment of social/emotional factor related to each patient’s illness, acceptance of prognosis and potential to cope with the dying process
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability