Work Hours: Mon-Fri
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our Hospice team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Hospice Supervisor!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement, and a generous benefits package for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Supervisor position is open in our Ontario location. This is a Full-time position during the day shift.
Requirements of the Hospice Supervisor:
- RN degree from an accredited school. Valid California RN license.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience required. Hospice and/or oncology experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferred. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Hospice Supervisor Duties Include:
- Assists in the processing of new admissions. Coordinates transitions and placement of hospice eligible patients.
- Coordinates with the referring physician, attending physician and Hospice physician to assure appropriateness of each referral and necessary certifications are obtained.
- Supervises the day-to-day clinical activities of designated employees ensuring continuity, and high-quality care, including, but not limited to, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, implementing corrective actions, and adjusting schedules, as appropriate.
- Promotes patient, family and staff satisfaction through interactions and ability to facilitate solutions. Ensures an atmosphere of service, kindness and compassion in all relationships and activities.
- Participates in the development and education of staff related to aspects of patient safety and the safe and effective use of equipment and technology.
- Assists with triaging patient care requests/concerns, assigns staff to address, and ensures visits are made as needed.
- Advanced knowledge and utilization of the electronic medical record (EMR). Provides leadership and support for staff related to EMR.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability