Hospice Triage Nurse (RN or LVN)
Apple Valley, CA
Work Hours: Fri, Sat, Sun
Community Hospice of Victor Valley, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in the High Desert communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Triage Nurse!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Triage Nurse position is open in our Apple Valley location and surrounding territory. This is a Full-time position during our night shift with a schedule of Friday, Saturday, Sunday 8:00pm to 8:00am.
Requirements of the Hospice Triage Nurse:
- Current RN or LVN license in State of CA
- Minimum one year of acute-care experience
- Hospice or oncology experience preferred
- McKesson experience preferred
Hospice Triage Nurse Duties Include:
- Triages all phone calls, documents all incoming calls related to patient care on conference notes.
- Obtains and documents all information needed when taking a referral.
- Capable of assessing patient information from the computer and printing referrals.
- All performance standards for "Hospice Field Nurse.”
- Performs the initial assessment and periodic re-evaluation of nursing needs of the patient/family.
- Where indicated, performs special pain assessment and spiritual assessment.
- Reports significant changes in patient status to M.D. (RN only).
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability