Hospice Triage RN
12 hours (8pm to 8am) Sunday, Tuesday ( 4:30pm to 8:00pm) an
- California Registered Nurse License required
- 1 year of experience required
Arbor Hospice, a not-for-profit leader in hospice care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in Hemet and the surrounding communities. Come on board with us as a Hospice Triage RN!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program.
The Hospice Triage RN position is open in our Hemet location and surrounding areas. This is a Part-time position working 19 hours per week.
Schedule: Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 4:30pm-8:00pm.
Requirements of the Hospice Triage RN:
* Current RN license in State of CA
* Minimum one year of acute-care experience
* Experience in hospice or oncology preferred; McKesson experience preferred
Hospice Triage RN Duties Include:
* Triages all phone calls, documents all incoming calls related to client care on conference notes.
* Obtains and documents all information needed when taking a referral. Capable of assessing client information from the computer and printing referrals.
* Contact Supervisor with any questions regarding policies, procedures, protocol, and
* conflict, or building problems.
* Complies with agency policy regarding productivity, attendance, timeliness of paperwork.
* Demonstrates flexibility.
* Submits all necessary information for the personnel file in a timely manner.
* All performance standards for "Hospice Field Nurse."
* Performs the initial assessment and periodic re-evaluation of nursing needs of the patient/family. Where indicated, performs special pain assessment and spiritual assessment. Reports significant changes in client status to M.D.
* Documentation reflects understanding of agency policy and procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge and principles of accepted professional nursing care; is able to apply skills in the home environment.
* Communicates effectively with clients, physicians, co-workers, supervisor and the public; understands proper channels of communication with the agency.
* Maintains patient/family confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.