HOSPICE TRIAGE RN
Work Hours: 2 days a week 4p - 12am
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join one of the following teams:
- Palliative Care
- Hospice Care
- Private Duty Care
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Hospice Triage RN!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program.
The Hospice Triage RN position is open in our Ontario location and surrounding areas. This is a Part-time position working 16 hours per week.
Schedule: 4:00pm-12:00am, 1 day per week and every other weekend
Requirements of the Hospice Triage RN:
- Current RN license in State of CA
- Minimum one year of acute-care experience
- Experience in hospice or oncology preferred; EMR experience preferred
Hospice Triage RN Duties Include:
- Triages all phone calls, documents all incoming calls related to client care on conference notes.
- Obtains and documents all information needed when taking a referral. Capable of assessing client information from the computer and printing referrals.
- Contact Supervisor with any questions regarding policies, procedures, protocol, and
- conflict, or building problems.
- Complies with agency policy regarding productivity, attendance, timeliness of paperwork.
- Demonstrates flexibility.
- Submits all necessary information for the personnel file in a timely manner.
- All performance standards for "Hospice Field Nurse.”
- Performs the initial assessment and periodic re-evaluation of nursing needs of the patient/family. Where indicated, performs special pain assessment and spiritual assessment. Reports significant changes in client status to M.D.
- Documentation reflects understanding of agency policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and principles of accepted professional nursing care; is able to apply skills in the home environment.
- Communicates effectively with clients, physicians, co-workers, supervisor and the public; understands proper channels of communication with the agency.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 957