PER DIEM HOSPICE DIETICIAN
Work Hours: Varies
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our Hospice team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Hospice Dietician!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program.
The Hospice Dietician position will cover our service area including Ontario, Apple Valley and Murrieta territories. This is a Fee-for-Visit position during our day shift.
Requirements of the Hospice Dietician:
- Minimum of one year experience in clinical dietetics.
- BS in nutrition or dietetics.
- Meets qualification standard and is registered by the American Dietetic Association.
Hospice Dietician Duties Include:
- Assists in evaluation of hospice patients’ nutritional status and dietary needs.
- In conjunction with the IDG, participates in the development of the Plan of Care and revises Plan of Care as necessary for the hospice patients.
- Provides patient education regarding specific dietary instructions as ordered by the physician.
- Observes, records and reports to the physician the patient's reaction to dietary treatment.
- Conferences with Case Manager and other disciplines as needed during course of treatment.
- Provides instructions and counseling for agency staff regarding nutritional needs of patients.
- Conducts in-service education for agency staff and HHA classes.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Communicates with Hospice Director, Hospice Manager, Case Manager, Medical Director and other IDT members regarding patient dietary needs and changes.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at email@example.com or (909) 447-7282.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability