PRIVATE DUTY LVN
Work Hours: monday - friday
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join our Private Duty team.
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Private Duty LVN!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries and mileage reimbursement for this position.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick time
The Private Duty LVN position is a Per-diem opportunity available during the day, evening, night and weekend shift with a 3 hour minimum and up to a maximum of 8 hours per shift.
Requirements of the Private Duty LVN:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current LVN licensure in the State of California
- Current CPR certification
- Current I.V. certification
Private Duty LVN Duties Include:
- Receive report on clients and give a complete report.
- Perform routine nursing duties including:
- Taking and recording of vital signs.
- Comfort, hygiene and grooming needs.
- Diet management.
- I.V. therapy (hydration).
- Collecting and delivering specimens.
- Client activity.
- Client safety.
- Safe guard of medical equipment and report any malfunctions to supervisor/supplier.
- Perform the following in conjunction with the nursing care plan where training, demonstrated skills, law and licensure permits:
- Administering and recording of medications.
- Inserting, irrigating nasogastric, gastrostomy tubes and foley catheters.
- Administration of oxygen.
- Caring for tracheostomy.
- Changing dressing.
- Add/hang intravenous fluids provided no medication has been added.
- Discontinue intravenous therapy (perpherial line only).
- Observe and report pertinent data to the physician and nursing supervisor.
- Providing of postmortem care.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at (909) 447-7282 or email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability