Referral Center LVN
VNA of Southern California - San Bernardino
San Bernardino, CA
Mon-Fri and every 4th weekend
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- 1 year of experience required
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join one of the following teams:
* Home Health Care
* Palliative Care
* Hospice Care
* Private Duty Care
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Referral Center LVN!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement and a generous benefits package for this position.
* Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life / AD&D
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Retirement Plan with employer match
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
* Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Referral Center LVN position is open in our San Bernardino location and surrounding areas. This is a Full-time position during our day shift from 9:00am-6:00pm.
Requirements of the Referral Center LVN:
* Current LVN license in State of CA
* Minimum one year of acute-care experience
* Experience in home care / home health preferred
Referral Center LVN Duties Include:
* Receives incoming referrals and orders for client care, obtaining all pertinent data and
* Inputs into McKesson Horizon Homecare.
* Verifies insurance and obtains required authorizations complete pre-certifications as
* required by specific payers.
* Consults with Referral Center/Hospice Admissions Manager or designee in regards to acceptance of free-care, Medi-Cal Patients, designated managed care, and referrals requiring high utilization of staff or supplies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, screens in vs. screen out call.
* Maintains a professional working relationship with discharge planners and other referral partners.
* Assists with field visits when necessary.
* Assists with benefits and eligibility verification.
* Answers questions from the community regarding home care services.
* Calls discharge planners of all hospitalized clients within 72 hours of hospitalization.
* Follows-up with a telephone call every 48-72 hours to facilitate transition from hospital to home care.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at email@example.com.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability