Work Hours: 5 - 6 hour days
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, a not-for-profit leader in home care, is looking for dedicated healthcare professionals to join one of the following teams:
- Home Health Care
- Palliative Care
- Hospice Care
- Private Duty Care
Join our team and provide compassionate care to patients in your community! We are a leader in Home Health & Hospice services that offers the best programs available in San Bernardino, Riverside and Eastern Los Angeles counties. Come on board with us as a Hospice Volunteer Coordinator!!!
With offices throughout Southern California, you can become part of the team who continues to be a leader in providing professional and comprehensive care to critically, chronically or terminally ill patients in our community.
Our clinicians enjoy flexible schedules including limited weekends/after-hours/on-call which promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries, mileage reimbursement, and a generous benefits package.
- Comprehensive orientation/on-the-job training program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance / Continuing Education
- Sick, Vacation, Holiday Pay
The Hospice Volunteer Coordinator position is open in our Ontario location and surrounding areas. This is a Part-time (30 hours/week) position during our day shift.
Requirements of the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator:
- Sufficient skills, knowledge and prior work experience to provide education, coordination and support of the volunteers in the Hospice program.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Knowledge of the effects of death, grief and loss upon individuals and the family preferred.
Hospice Volunteer Coordinator Duties Include:
- Recruits volunteers to meet Agency needs.
- Develops and implements volunteer educational programs.
- Provide volunteer training, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of volunteers.
- Maintains accurate volunteer personnel files.
- Responsible for tracking volunteer hours, inservice hours, and required documents.
- Coordinates and assigns volunteers for patient care as requested. Coordinates activities of volunteers in other roles; office support, bereavement, chaplain, and fundraising.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary team conferences.
For assistance in applying for a position with VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 447-7282.
EEO, M/F/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disability
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 946